Cefn Ila - The well and pump-house.
Part of the 1925 upgrading of Cefn Ila to make it suitable for use a convalescent home was to sink a new well and install an engine-driven pump. The well and plinths can be found at the the top end of the pond.
The reinforced concrete well with a heavy metal lid, half-hidden amongst the laurel bushes.
The plinths to mount the water pump and the engine to drive the pump, originally these were housed in a corrugated metal hut which had fallen into a dangerous condition and has been cleared away.